The Sunlight Foundation Inc. ABN 5163 359 7476
The Sunlight Foundation will act to protect personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles and any industry code of practice.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Privacy Act and general law place strict requirements on us to treat any information you give us as confidential. We give effect to these laws by adhering to the Australian Privacy Principles in our dealings with your personal information.
KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Depending on your relationship with us, the kinds of personal information that we may collect and hold about you include those listed here.
- Identifying information, such as your name and date of birth.
- Details of products or services that we provide to you.
- Information about how you use the products and services we provide.
- Records of our interactions with you.
- Contact information, such as your address, email and telephone number(s).
- Financial information, such as credit card, bank account or other payment details.
- Details of products or services that you provide to us.
- Government-issued identifiers – such as health service providers’ practitioner numbers.
- Usernames and passwords that you create when registering for an account with us.
- Social media handles and other social media profile information that you make available to us or to the public.
- Information about your health.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from people and organisations. This includes
- our employees
- job applicants
- the people that we provide services to
- our suppliers
- the general public (such as donors and visitors to our website)
- our other business and research partners.
WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU WHEN YOU
- accept assistance from us
- receive our products or services
- become a member or volunteer
- provide us with products or services
- submit a query or request to us
- respond to a survey or fill in one of our forms.
Therefore, there will be instances where such information extends to sensitive data relating to a variety of issues such as your health and age. You have the right to decide what information you will provide to us but you must be aware that the consequences of not disclosing essential information may result in The Sunlight Foundation not offering you access to the services, resources or facilities.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected unless we have your permission or unless required by law to furnish such information to government agencies under the appropriate legislation. We will take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access or loss, and when no longer required we will ensure it is destroyed by secure means.
We respect your right to deal with us anonymously.
You may access personal information we hold about you and seek the correction of such information.
If you have a concern regarding a breach of privacy you should first contact The Sunlight Foundation who will escalate the issue internally as required. If you are not satisfied with The Sunlight Foundation’s response you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.